As of September 2014 Alban Wood pupils are following the new National Curriculum. The documents below explain in more detail Alban Wood’s curriculum.
Subjects are taught, at Alban Wood, using a cross curricular approach. This means, that although there may be one subject named, a range of different skills will be taught across a unit/ topic. English and Maths skills are also developed through all of the units in addition to daily English and Maths lessons as this gives children the opportunity to apply their English and Maths skills.
Each topic also has our three drivers: community, enterprise and possibilities interwoven into it.
- Curriculum Drivers 2017 - 2018 (295KB)
Finally, our topics promote British values of: democracy, rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance.
Visit the Classes pages to see photos of our learning too!
The following documents give further guidance for end of year Maths expectations
- Year 6 Maths learner (43KB)
- Year 5 Maths learner (41KB)
- Year 4 Maths learner (42KB)
- Year 3 Maths learner (49KB)
- Year 2 Maths learner (32KB)
- Year 1 Maths learner (28KB)
At Alban Wood children in Key Stage 2 children learn French. This is in the form of both written and oral outcomes. Through French teaching and learning we aim for our pupils to:
- understand and respond to spoken and written language from a variety of authentic
- speak with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity, finding ways of
communicating what they want to say, including through discussion and asking
questions, and continually improving the accuracy of their pronunciation and intonation
- write at varying length, for different purposes and audiences, using the variety of
grammatical structures that they have learnt
- discover and develop an appreciation of a range of writing in the language studied.