Year 6 SATs results 2017
- Our Year 6 cohort have achieved exceptionally well in their attainment in all subject areas – reading; writing; English grammar, punctuation and spelling; and mathematics.
|Average progress score||+2.3||0||N/A|
|Average scaled score||106.4||104.1||105.4|
|% Expected standard or above||86.7||71.5||75.8|
|% Achieving high standard||26.7||24.6||30.2|
|Average progress score||+4.4||0||N/A|
|% Expected standard or above||86.7||76.4||79|
|% Achieving high standard||50||17.7||23.9|
|Average scaled score||108.3||106||106.6|
|% Expected standard or above||90||76.9||79.5|
|% Achieving high standard||43.3||30.9||34.5|
|Average progress score||+2.6||0||N/A|
|Average scaled score||106.8||104.2||104.8|
|% Expected standard or above||93.3||74.9||76.7|
|% Achieving high standard||36.7||22.6||26.3|
|% Expected standard or above||80||61.1||65|
|% Achieving high standard||13.3||8.7||12.4|
Year 2 SATs results 2017
- As with KS2, these percentages support our school self-evaluation of outstanding. Pupil attainment meets or exceeds all targets that have been set.
Alban Wood National Herts Reading % Expected standard or above 80 75.5 79.2 % Working at greater depth 46.7 25.2 31.8 Writing % Expected standard or above 83.3 68.2 79.2 % Working at greater depth 36.7 15.6 20.9 Maths % Expected standard or above 90 68.2 77.3 % Working at greater depth 46.7 31.8 25.1 RWM combined % Expected standard or above 80 63.7 67.1 % Working at greater depth 36.7 10.9 15.3
- In relation to pupil progress, overall progress from the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is also excellent.
Year 1/Year 2 phonics screening
- Within this year’s Year 1 cohort, 97% of pupils met or exceeded the expected standard of the phonics screening. This is well above both the Hertfordshire average (83%) and the National average (81%).
- Within this year’s Year 2 cohort, 60% of pupils who found phonics learning in Year 1 challenging have now met the expected age-related standards, showing the impact of personalised support for these children in Y2.
Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (Reception)
- We are very pleased that 80% of pupils have achieved ‘a good level of development’ (pupil attainment in Communication and Language, Physical Development, Personal social and emotional development, Literacy and Mathematics). This sustains high results for Alban Wood over the past 5 years and exceeds the Hertfordshire average of 72%.
- Our pupils are making outstanding progress across EYFS (Nursery and Reception) because almost all pupils achieve expected progress and a substantial proportion achieve better than expected progress.
- Personal/Social/Emotional Development (PSED): 100% achieving expected progress, 77% achieving better than typical progress
- Communication and Language (CL): 100% achieving expected progress, 67% achieving better than typical progress
- Physical Development (PD): 100% achieving expected progress, 73% achieving better than typical progress
- Literacy (L): 96% achieving expected progress, 73% achieving better than typical progress
- Maths (M): 100% achieving expected progress, 73% achieving better than typical progress.